The Power Stamp Alliance has been formed to define a standard product footprint and functions that provide a multiple-sourced, standard modular board-mounted solution for power conversion for 48Vin to low voltage, high current applications.
These 48V direct conversion DC-DC modules - or 'power stamps' - primarily target devices being used in large data centers, high performance computing (HPC) and supercomputing applications (e.g. CPU, DDR, FPGA, ASIC).
Some of the first processor architectures to be addressed by the Power Stamp Alliance are the Intel VR13 Skylake CPUs, Intel VR13-HC Ice Lake CPUs, DDR memories, IBM POWER9 (P9) architecture processors and devices using the PMBus AVS protocol or SVID protocol.
48V single stage power conversion offers HPC, supercomputing and data center companies a range of business and technical benefits.
Creating the alliance and publishing the footprint creates a multi-vendor ecosystem.
- Join us at SC20 October 1, 2020
- PSA at SC19 November 25, 2019
- Power Stamp Alliance Announces New Specification for Controller Stamp March 13, 2019
- Power Stamp Alliance Announces Reference Design Board for Next-Generation 10nm Intel CPU Microarchitecture March 13, 2019
- PSA at OCP Global Summit 2019 March 8, 2019